Most people are known to overeat, especially when the food is irresistibly delicious. So occasions like parties, weddings, friends’ birthday treats or simply trying out new restaurants are some of the many occasions where one tends to overeat. But hogging all that yummy food also gives one the problem of indigestion.
Indigestion also known as dyspepsia occurs when the digestive juices in the stomach are not secreted properly and as a result causes one discomfort. Here are some remedies for digestion:
– One of the most common remedies is to take two spoons of lime and ginger juice, and honey mixed in a glass of warm water, after your heavy-duty meal.
– Add a teaspoon of roasted and ground coriander seeds to a glass of butter milk and have it.
– Munching a teaspoon of aniseed after your meal, will provide relief. Another effective remedy is to have a teaspoon of ajwain seeds along with a pinch of black salt. Mix a teaspoon of roasted cumin or jeera powder in a glass of water and drink it. Drinking green tea or herbal tea after your meal is a great way to aid in digestion.
– Drink a glass of water to which a few drops of peppermint extract has been added. Add about two teaspoons of coriander juice to a glass of buttermilk. Drinking, this will provide relief.
– If you know that you are planning to pig out for a meal, chew on some fresh ginger slices with a pinch of salt. Doing this will help stimulate the digestive juices.
– Place a packet of ice over your stomach to seek relief.
– Add about a teaspoon of baking soda to half a glass of water and drink it. This is known to provide instant relief.