There is no doubt that all of us want to look beautiful, slim and fit. Looking good is not merely reaching out to expensive products and a fortnightly visit to the salon. It is important that you feed your body with the right kind of diet. There are a number of beauty foods that are healthy and help in enhancing your looks.
* Apple, Cider, Vinegar: This vinegar has a number of healing properties and it makes the skin soft and supple. Apple cider vinegar is concentrated with enzymes and these help peel off dead skin cells. It breaks down fat and helps food digest properly.
* Carrots: Help to maintain the outer layer of the skin to prevent premature aging. It works just like Retin A.
* Cheese: Make a slice or two of hard cheese a part of your diet. Cheese helps to prevent bacteria from growing in the mouth and prevents cavities. Choose between Swiss, cheddar or Gouda.
* Citrus Fruits: These fruits hold the skin cells together by forming collagen. Collagen cannot be added to the skin topically and hence fruits and juices must be made an integral part of your daily diet.
* Cranberries: These berries keep the urinary tract lining healthy.
* Garlic: Helps to combat wrinkles and restores tissues.
* Nonfat Yogurt: Is high is calcium and helps to keep your smile white and your teeth cavity- free.
* Sweet Potatoes: These potatoes are full of vitamin A and vitamin A is known for being an anti-wrinkling agent. The result of eating this vegetable is smoother skin.
* Tomatoes: This vegetable does wonders to your skin. Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A, vitamin C and potassium.
* Wheat Germ: To get rid of pimples efficiently include two or three tablespoons of wheat germ in your diet. You add this to your cereal, yogurt and cottage cheese.
Here are some general tips about a beauty diet
* Vegetables: you should have three to five servings of vegetables daily. Include one serving of raw, leafy greens.
* Fruits: Have two to three servings everyday. ½ cup of chopped or sliced fruit is one serving.
* Dairy: Have at least two servings daily. One serving is eight ounces of milk or yogurt.
* Fats: Salad dressing, cooking oil, butter and mayonnaise should be limited to two servings a day. n