Coconut is a tropical fruit that is rich in protein. The meat of the coconut is very good in destroying intestinal parasites, that we get from eating infected food. Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems.
People from many diverse cultures, languages, religions, and races scattered around the globe have revered the coconut as a valuable source of both food and medicine. Wherever the coconut palm grows the people have learned of its importance as a effective medicine. For thousands of years, coconut products have held a respected and valuable place in local folk medicine.
In traditional medicine around the world, coconut is used to treat a wide variety of health problems, including the following: abscesses, asthma, baldness, bronchitis, bruises, burns, colds, constipation, cough, dropsy, dysentery, earache, fever, flu, gingivitis, gonorrhea, irregular or painful menstruation, jaundice, kidney stones, lice, malnutrition, nausea, rash, scabies, scurvy, skin infections, sore throat, swelling, syphilis, toothache, tuberculosis, tumors, typhoid, ulcers, upset stomach, weakness, and wounds.
- Coconut prevents simple goiter (enlarged non-toxic thyroid) because of its organic iodine content.
- Coconut is also good for body builder. It is a food recommended for building up the body muscles of thin and emaciated individuals.
- For constipation and any build-up of gas in the stomach and intestinal tract, coconut remedy helps.
- Coconut milk has been found to help cases of sore throat as well as relieving stomach ulcers.
- Coconut oil has been found to heal cuts, scratches, burns and sunburns.
- The oil has also been recommended for facial massage and is reported to be good as a wrinkle remover.
- Coconut oil is also good for the scalp and hair and makes hair dressing unnecessary.
- Intake of at least 2 Tbsp. of Virgin coconut oil per day can lessen your Vitamin E requirement.
- Coconut water is good for kidney and urinary bladder problems. Coconut water is identical to human blood plasma, which makes it the universal donor. Plasma makes up 55 percent of human blood. By drinking coconuts, we give ourselves a instant blood transfusion.
- Coconut supports the natural chemical balance of the skin, it softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking, it also prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
- Coconut promotes healthy looking hair and complexion and provides protection form damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation form the sun.
- Coconut oil helps control dandruff. Coconut oil is very useful in reducing weight. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is also easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems. Further, it increases the body metabolism by removing stress on pancreases, thereby burning out more energy and helping obese and overweight people reduce their weight. Hence, people living in tropical coastal areas, who eat coconut oil daily as their primary cooking oil, are normally not fat, obese or overweight.